Searching out the Best Water Softener for Homes? If yes, then you have reached the right destination! We will provide a detailed review on our favorite softeners, covering all the specification details, features. Do not miss out on any product review listed here, because all of them are really worth it!
The World’s Best Water Softener available in 2017 for Home
Hard water can cause many serious issues to your skin along with damaging the plumbing units. If you are sure that you are getting hard water, then you should not waste much time thinking about it. Get one Water Softener installed, and Save all your repairing expenses!
#1 Fleck 5600SXT Digital Metered Water Softener
Among all the Water Softeners available in the market, our Top recommendation is Fleck 5600SXT Digital Metered. It is a Whole House unit which can be installed for the whole house faucets.
- It is a USA-built Water Softener which features a poly-glass made tank.
- You will get a digital meter on the softener. Information regarding the water usage will be displayed on the LCD area.
- Here the maximum grains that can be handled is 48000!
- The resin bed is found to be the standard 8%, with 1.5 cubic feet high.
- This Water Softener weighs around 110 pounds and is about 54 inches in height.
- Most of the models come with the Black shade. Especially if you are ordering it online.
- The flow rate is found to be 12 gallons per minute.
- Warranty period is five years.
We didn’t get any unit that matches the performance of the Fleck 5600SXT. Cost is high, which makes it less affordable among all the water softeners. All in all, it is a great product to go with!
The only drawback we found for this softener is that – unit is accessible to a limited audience (Price Matters). How could one miss on the excellent warranty it gives! [5 years on the control head and ten years for the tank]
#2 Eddy Water Descaler Electronic Water Softener
This is a unique unit among all the water softeners we have. This is a descaler, which helps with reducing all the limescale buildups formed due to the hard water. Minerals like the calcium, magnesium, manganese produces the residue which is left on the sink, faucets, etc.
To reduce the intensity of the mineral buildup, you can get this Eddy Descaler for your home.
- Installation is simple. You can install this along with metal or plastic pipes.
- Works the best as an alternative to a no-salt water softener.
- TDS is maintained, this leaves all the necessary minerals back in the water.
- Electro-magnetic waves are used for altering the limescale’s chemical property. The property of sticking on the surface is changed, and so there will be a reduction in the buildup.
This product has been a success, and helpful to homes as well as business places. Winning hearts for more than 15 years now. Worth a try!
#3 On The Go OTG4-DBLSOFT-Portable RV Water Softener
We have the On the Go RV Water Softener in the third position. This is the largest among all other RV suitable softeners. It can handle around 16000 grains, and can perfectly fit on any standard RV machine.
- It is the largest among all the RV softeners, still has got a compact shape.
- There is one easy-to-carry handle on the top and comes with a wide opening on the top. This makes the salt addition work easy.
- It requires only 30 minutes for the regeneration and performs this using just 2 boxes of common salt.
With the high flow rates, you won’t ever complain about any pressure drop in this. If you are looking for a compact and energy-saver solution, there here it is!
#4 Watts RV PRO-1000 Water Softener
We have got another RV support softener, and this one is Watts RV Pro-1000. It weighs only about 9 pounds, which makes it easy to carry for anyone. If you have got more than 1 RV at home, then you can benefit from this.
This softener is built to last more than a year, and the durability is another highlight. Most of the functions are done manually, so you need to have some basic water softener knowledge for getting started.
#5 Iron Pro 48K Combination Water Softener & Iron Filter
This is the combination system – with water softener and one iron filter. The digital meter/control head used with the Fleck 5600SXT is used on this Iron Pro 48K. The specialty resin deals with the removal of the iron compounds.
It arrives with all the necessary support; resin, control head, resin tank, brine tank.
In the On-Demand regeneration, the system only regenerates as per the need of the user. This saves a significant amount of salt as well as lowers the water wastage.
Did you enjoy reading the World’s Best Water Softener for Home review? Share us your opinion about our best picks. Also, let us know if you found any other unit better than the ones discussed here. We at Get Down Cafe would love to hear from you!