- 1 12-oz package of frozen peas
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup parmesan or romano cheese
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 package ditilani pasta
- 1/2 – 1 cup water
- Boil water for pasta and cook pasta
- In another pan: Heat olive oil and cook onion and garlic in until both are soft
- Add can of stewed tomatoes – stir for 2 minutes
- Add 1/2 cup water (add more water if needed)
- Add peas (frozen or canned; if you use canned be sure to drain them)
- (you can substitute peas for any kind of beans – this is very good with pork & beans)
- Cook until peas are cooked – mix well. Add drained cooked pasta to peas – mix well. Add cheese.
- You can make this as a soup by adding more water and garlic and using less pasta.